Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Lessons Learned from Peers: Technology in the Classroom

The first main thing I learned was about the use of Permethean boards in the classroom. I had kind of heard about these type of "smart boards" before, but never seen how they can be practically used in the classroom. I really like the idea of utilizing this in the classroom because it would really motivate students as well as allow all the children in the classroom to see what is going on. Also, I like how you can save what the children have written on the board, because usually when you use a white board the responses are erased. This can help with assessment.

I also learned valuable information about utilizing PowerPoint in the classroom with children. I have always thought of using PowerPoint when presenting other teachers or adults, but I like how many of my classmates used PowerPoint to actually teach their lessons. In this way, organization of your lessons will be much easier than utilizing hard copies of things in folders or whatever. Also, it would be extremely easy to make changes to lessons you want to improve when it is in the computer on a PowerPoint. Also, all students in the classroom are better able to see what is being seen and taught.

No comments:

Post a Comment