Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Internet Safety Doing

I talked with my father (47 yrs old) about internet safety. We talked specifically about two things 1) keeping yourself safe predators/scammers and 2) monitoring children's computer use.
I shared with my dad information I learned about not giving out personal information EVER on the internet and he knew that, but he liked hearing about how even tiny bits of seemingly unimportant information can lead predators to gain more information about you. We also discussed ways that we can monitor children's computer use, the major one being placing a computer in a public place. I shared with my dad the resources at LDS.org regarding internet safety, and because he is in the Young Men's Presidency at home, he said he will really check them out. Our dicsussion went really well and we came to understand that we both agree on the importance of internet safety. It was pretty valuable, both of us sharing what we know and believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment