Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Exploring Science Tech Resources

I looked through a couple of the science technology resources available on the course website and I found some interesting things. The Kidsperation site is cool! It provides some fun, interactive games for students to play as they also learn basic computer skills. I thought Stellarium and Celestia were awesome! This would be perfect for a unit on astronomy - even with really young kids, you as the teacher could pull it up on a big projector in the classroom, or even on the ceiling (How cool would that be!?!) and you could point out constellations or watch the phases of the moon! Very useful tool - and free! I also explored Google Earth a bit more. Although I already know how to navigate Google Earth pretty well, this would be a great resource for instilling discovery in students! When I first got on Google Earth I went crazy thinking I could see places in the world that I have never been to in a real, 3-d way - especially travelling through New York City!! If you haven't done it yet, I highly suggest typing in New York City in the search box and then turning on the 3-D buildings - a virtual tour through the Big Apple!!! It's awesome!! Anyways, that's my blog for today! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment